Reading to do this week:
1. Dumančić’s article, “Gender and Sexuality during the Cold War”
1. Sarantakes’ article, “Cold War Pop Culture and the Image of U.S. Foreign Policy: The Perspective of the Original Star Trek Series”
Assignments to do this week:
1. Bring laptop (if you can)
2. Bring one source to class with you that you think might be of use to your research (this should be a secondary source, preferably an article)
For Wednesday: MEET OUTSIDE THE LOU HENRY HOOVER MEMORIAL BUILDING
1. Blog Post #3, before class
Looking forward to next week:
Use our experiences this week (focused on the organization of research and research notes, citation trails, and mapping a TiC) to help you toward the end of this week and into the weekend in preparing for next Monday’s assignments. For next Monday, you’ll need to bring in at least four annotated bibliography entries as well as a working thesis statement for your TiC.
You might also take a look at the Example TiCs. Though we’ll be talking about them in class next week, it might be a good idea to take a look over the weekend as you start thinking about your thesis moment.